A Bender Byte Moment
By Ron Bender © 2010
Take the following short survey to help you see to what extent you may have perfectionistic tendencies. For each question below answer “yes” if it’s generally true of you and “no” if it’s generally not true of you.
- I often think that I should’ve done better than I did.
- I tend to put things off if I don’t have the time to do them perfectly.
- I’m afraid to fail when working on an important project.
- I strive to impress others with my best qualities or accomplishments.
- I think less of myself if I repeat a mistake.
- I strive to maintain control of my emotions at all times.
- I get upset when things don’t go as planned.
- I am often disappointed in the quality of other people’s work.
- I feel that my standards couldn’t be too high.
- I’m afraid that people will think less of me if I fail.
- I’m constantly trying to improve myself.
- I’m unhappy if anything I do is considered average.
- My home and office need to be clean and orderly always.
- I feel inferior to others who are more intelligent, attractive, or successful than I.
- I must look my very best whenever I’m out in public.
Five or more yes answers suggest a significant problem with perfectionism. (This is a screening test. For an accurate diagnoses of depression or another mental disorder you need a consultation with a health professional.)
But first read artical below that may give you some insight.
It’s people like you who support "Bytes of Truth", which includes articles like this. Perhaps you would like to invest in the transformation of men in the community, Future leaders, productive workers, and care-givers? Your tax deductible donation to Transition To Community will support this website, help the transition of broken lives back into the community, and the spreading of truth one byte at a time. When giving just say Bender Bytes sent you.
RonRonald Bender- President/CEO Bender Consulting.~http://www.benderbytes.net/bender_consult